Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:34:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Robert G. Brown" <rgb@phy.duke.edu>
To:        Brian Ristuccia <brianr@osiris.ml.org>
Subject:   Re: Dell 410 Workstations and Asus Motherboard systems

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Brian Ristuccia wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Robert G. Brown wrote:
>

> > The only options I see in the BIOS are to either enable or disable
> > termination on the controller.  Given that it is a single ended
> > controller, I'm not sure why they have the disable option (so somebody
> > can "break" their system?;-).
> >

> Sometimes the HA will be in the middle of the ribbon:

>  terminator   drive       host     drive    terminator
>  pack                     adaptor                 pack

Ah, you mean that they have a ribbon that plugs into the single
connector in the middle, but has two ends?  Never seen or used such a
beast, but that very well may be it.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu