Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:03:22 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nautilus eating 1 CPU and doing lots of I/O

Since I updated nautilus a few days ago I am seeing very odd behavior.

When I open a nautilus window, I see my CPUs at 20-25% load, mostly in
nautilus. I/O jumps from near zero to several MBps,. It varies in the ones
I tried between 4 and 16 MBps depending on the number of files (not
folders). ktrace shows lots of reads returning "Resource temporarily
unavailable". I also note that most of my thumbnails are not showing up,
just the generic icons for the file type. I'm guessing some issue with
finding, loading or generating the thumbnails.

I have no idea what to look for to provide any real data or to track this.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com