Date:      Sun, 09 Feb 1997 10:49:27 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert <cy@cwsys.cwent.com>
To:        gnat@frii.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Security <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2.1.7?

> David Nugent writes:
> > So, it really doesn't require a "release" to obtain the
> > sources - just set up CVSUP and go.
>
> Be that as it may, I seriously hope that a formal release is issued
> soon.  I've had problems rebuilding libc on 2.1.5, related to the DNS
> resolution code, and am basing all my hopes now on being able to
> forcibly upgrade the entire system from a prebuilt release.

When I used 2.1.5 I was able to rebuild everything, including libc and the
resolver.  What kind of problem are you having?

UNIX Support                   OV/VM:  BCSC02(CSCHUBER)
ITSD                          BITNET:  CSCHUBER@BCSC02.BITNET
Government of BC            Internet:  cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca
                                       cschuber@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca

                "Quit spooling around, JES do it."