Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 07:33:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      "David A. Bader" <dbader@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        jmz@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, dbader@umiacs.umd.edu
Subject:   Problem with current latex/tex port

Jean-Marc,

I'm trying to install the FreeBSD port for latex (and tex) in
/usr/ports/print/latex
/usr/ports/print/tex
on my FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE machine. (I had just cvsup'ed the current
ports area.) Previously, I was running old version (tex 3.1415 and
latex 96.07) and wanted to update to the new versions in the port area
(tex 3.14159 and latex 97.07).

While doing "make" in the "tex" port, many symlinks/files were missing
and the make crashed out. (I added links for the locations of .mf and
.tmf and base files, and was able to finish the make, but it didn't
install properly.) Has anyone tried this new port (since it was
updated on 11/10/97) to verify that it's working properly?

Please reply to me at <dbader@umiacs.umd.edu>, as I'm not subscribed
to the mailing list.

Thanks for any help,
david