Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 07:35:59 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New ports

> The INDEX isn't, at least not the one the web pages come from.
> If there is an INDEX being built daily somewhere, where is it?

Erm, I'm probably not actually thinking straight here.  Just to clarify:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-current/INDEX
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-2.2/INDEX

Are both auto-generated based on a superset INDEX file, but that
superset image file is only updated when Satoshi feels like like it
(probably when he's finished his latest lyric and needs to find
expression :-).

In retrospect, that's clearly what you were talking about and
I guess that should simply be updated too, at least for the
purpose of your web page.  How much trouble would it be to add
an INDEX creation pass to your web page build?  Even if it added
an hour to the procedure, it'd still be more than acceptable.

					Jordan