Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:16:35 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fwd: FW: Fw: Microsoft &amp; AOL Merger

David Scheidt wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, PHYL R wrote:
>
> <Tripe about MS and AOL giving money to forward email.>
>
> This sort of thing has no business on almost any mailing list.  Thirty
> seconds of thought should lead anyone to think that this couldn't possibly
> be true.  Thirty seconds of searching the web would have turned a number of
> sites debunking this.  See for instance,
> http://www.snopes.com/spoons/faxlore/billgate.htm.

The "urspecial@aol.com" is a junk address. You may also be responsible
for the second message. The original came from "PHYL R"
<jazzyphyl@hotmail.com>. This is really an TOS offense and should be
forwarded to abuse@hotmail.com. When it comes to SPAMing lists and
etc., they simply terminate the account. Jazzyphyl got it from an AOL
account but I don't know if the AOL usage is enough for a termination
of service.
--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA