Date:      Sat, 04 Jun 2011 13:10:46 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com>
To:        <freebsd-openoffice@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   An Invitation to Apache OpenOffice

 Hello guys;

 As announced in several media, Openoffice will be starting
 the process to become an Apache Project. This means the
 license will now be Apache 2.0, which is a great step for those
 of us that think that software freedom doesn't necessarily mean
 copyleft, but it also means the process of contributing to the
 project will be much more transparent and cleaner now.

 While the libreoffice guys plan to continue to work on
 their fork and I have no intentions to demerit their work,
 it seems like the best way to keep our changes in
 sync with both groups would be to contribute them directly
 to Apache Openoffice. For the time being I wanted to share
 a link to IBM's Rob Weir blog that explains better how
 we could contribute to this effort:

 http://www.robweir.com/blog/

 or just go here http://goo.gl/fb/lqobJ

 While here, let me also thank you guys for keeping
 the OO package working so well on FreeBSD!

 Pedro.