Date:      Sat, 6 May 2006 22:29:42 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Ian Moore <no-spam@swiftdsl.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI mail client recommendations ...

On Sun, 7 May 2006, Ian Moore wrote:

> On Sunday 07 May 2006 09:10, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> I've been using pine *forever* now and am finding it really hard to find a
>> good GUI to replace it :(  Tried kmail, didn't like it ...
>>
>> Off the top of my head, the only thing(s) it needs to do is:
>>
>> multiple identities
>> IMAP
>> PGP
>>
>> As much as I hate admitting doing things under Windows, I have used Eudora
>> in the past and like its interface, but, alas, there is no Eudora for Unix
>>

> I use kmail (part of kde) which is also very nice and will do all the above.

I tried it, and was turned off very question ... my first beef ... I
couldn't seem to select multiple messags in the thread window to do a mass
operation on it ... for instance, in eudora, I could do 'shift-<up/dn>' to
highlight several articles ... under kmail, the up/dn arrow scrolls the
bottom message window ;(

----