Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 17:38:01 -0700
From:      dcmyers@access.digex.net
Subject:   NCR SCSI hanging after reboot

Has anybody else experienced this?  Whenever I reboot after having been
using FreeBSD, my NCR 53C810-based SCSI card (Asus SC-200) hangs --
the NCR BIOS message comes up, but it never finds any disks.  It will
hang there forever, until I cycle the power.  After doing that, everything
works okay -- I can boot into DOS or FreeBSD.

Specifics: FreeBSD 2.1R, Pentium 90, 16MB RAM, Asus M/B, Quantum 1080,
Fujitsu 230 magneto-optical.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

-David.