Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:40:44 -0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Migrating freebsd to a larger partition?

On Saturday, March 17, 2001 20:27:37 -0600, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
wrote:
+-----
| By any chance is there an issue with your MB BIOS and (presumably ATA)
| drives greater than 2G?
+--->8

I think I mentioned da0s3... it's SCSI and there should be no such issues.

| Copied? With cp? dump(8) piped into restore(8) does a better job with
| devices, links, and maintaining file flags.
+--->8

cp -R for /usr, find|cpio -p for /, then did spot-checks.  Everything
appears to be correct; and the failure is happening well before that point,
as it's apparently not even loading boot0.  (I did manually disklabel -B
da0s3; no effect.)

| You really want to free up the 2G partition? How about putting the whole
+--->8

It was originally going to be a "just in case I need it" Windows
installation, but then I needed it to migrate from linux to freebsd.  When
I'm done I want to put it back for Windows.  (Don't mention vmware; this is
a P200, vmware just plain sucks on it.)

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery@ece.cmu.edu