Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2006 14:29:27 +0700
From:      maikhai <maikhai@nerdshack.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't mount cdrom (Fixed)

On Sunday 01 October 2006 12:34, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> On Saturday 30 September 2006 17:56, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > I'm having a problem mounting a cd.
> >
> > from dmesg: acd0: CDRW <LG CD-RW CED-8042B/1.07> at ata1-slave PIO4
> >
> > I also have the proper entry in fstab. Problem is when I try and do a
> > mount either "mount  /cdrom" or "mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom" it
> > just hangs and does nothing. The CD is mountable (I just tried it on a
> > 6.1 box). I can however access the drive with k3b. I really need this
> > working as a lot of my data is on CD. This was working until just
> > recently. I'm running -CURRENT from yesterday.
>
> As Ruslan stated in his post today, adding "options COMPAT_FREEBSD6" to a
> custom kernel is now a necessity. Doing that not only solved my mount
> problems, but several others I was having. Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Beech

Below is mine (FreeBSD-6.1)

$ cat /etc/fstab
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1e             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1d             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom  cd9660  rw,noauto,nodev,nosuid  0       0
/dev/cd0                /cd     cd9660  rw,noauto,nodev,nosuid  0       0
/dev/cd0c   /usr/home/mk/cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto,nodev,nosuid  0       0
/dev/ad0s2              /mnt/lin      reiserfs  rw,auto         0       0
/dev/ad0s3              /mnt/linto      ext2fs  rw,auto         0       0
$ su
Password:
dhcppc0# mount /cd
mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0: No such file or directory
dhcppc0# mount /cdrom
dhcppc0# ls /cdrom
.disk                   install                 programs
README.diskdefines      isolinux                start.bmp
autorun.inf             kubuntu.ico             start.exe
bin                     md5sum.txt              start.ini
casper                  pics                    ubuntu
disctree                pool
dists                   preseed
dhcppc0#

--