Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:58:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
Cc:        daniel lawrence <danny@AlphaZed.com>, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, jhb@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP9000/L1000

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Michael C . Wu wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 03:10:38PM +0100, daniel lawrence scribbled:
> | This is probably a long shot, but I'll ask anyway. We have 3 HP9000/L1000
> | machines which we may be able to make available (serial console and network)
> | for some kind of BSD porting project.
> You should probably contact David O'Brien or John Baldwin @WindRiver
> about this.  obrien@freebsd.org and jhb@freebsd.org.

Actually, if anyone does take this up, I have a K class HP9000 sitting
here at TWA stuffed in a rack not being used at all for anything. It's not
even plugged in. I could ask my boss if we could loan it out or what kind
of access we can offer to it if anyone does get a wild notion to try a
port. 240Mhz PA-RISC 8200 CPU, 4GB of RAM, 18GB of disk :-) would make a
fast devel server :) Although im not sure how popular a PA-RISC port would
be. I'd much rather see ultrasparc support so I can get rid of that horrid
thing Sun sells called Solaris.

-Chris Watson         (816) 464-7780 | Sr. Unix Administrator
Work:           chris.watson@twa.com | Trans World Airlines, Kansas City, MO
Home:              scanner@jurai.net | http://www.twa.com
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"