Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2010 15:02:20 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, vbox@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Virtualbox UI and remote X clients

Folks,

It would appear that ever since 3.2.8_1 of virtualbox-ose, a number of =
additions were made to unconditionally enable some kind of hardware =
acceleration in the UI.

This completely breaks the UI with a variety of QT errors, when running =
on a remote X11 displays, so far I've tested X11.app and XQuartz.app on =
OSX, cygwin/X on Windows 7/XP, and even an Xvnc server running on a =
FreeBSD/amd64 box.

It looks like it was this commit:

revision 1.27
date: 2010/09/30 12:51:00;  author: decke;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -0
- Add 2D acceleration support for Windows Guests
- Bump PORTREVISION

This needs to be made into an OPTION (default on or off, I don't care), =
but as it stands, the UI is unusable on apparently anything but a local =
X11 display -- which most machines, holding a number of vbox images, are =
unlikely to have.

-aDe