Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 14:35:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: addition to ftp site

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, John Fieber wrote:

> John-Mark Gurney writes:
> > I was wondering if there is a index.html page in the works for
> > /pub/FreeBSD?  I am wondering because I was browsing a Babylon-5 archive
>
> It certainly has been thought of.  The other consideration is
> that most people who could make use of an html index (as opposed
> to plain text) are WWW enabled and they may as well be directed
> at http://www.freebsd.org/ (and the "Where" page in particular)
> where they can follow links to various point on the FTP server.
> That said, I do think an index.html page on the ftp site itself
> is worthwhile.

ok... I guess if nobody objects, even though I am not very qualified I
will start a basic index.html...  also...  I noticed that the CD doesn't
have one either... I guess that will be included as I would make multiple
index.html for the directories...

also... one advantage to having a index.html in the FreeBSD directory
would be to help reduce the strain on overseas links... though it may be
a small one some people reading from mirrors might like the extra
speed...  TTYL...

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
Modem/FAX: (503) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)