Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 1995 19:52:21 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dleeds@eagle.ais.net (Daniel Leeds)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual drives/controllers

Daniel Leeds stands accused of saying:
> Can I run two Operating Systems off my pc with this config.

Yup.

> I will have 4 drives.  One IDE boot disk to run Windows/Dos, plus a
> buslogic controller that controls 3 other drives...a 500 root disk, 250
> swap disk, and a 2gb storage disk for FreeBSD.  is this possible to use
> with the available boot managers so I can boot and choose either Windows
> or BSD and easily boot either?

Install FreeBSD on the first SCSI disk.  Tell it to use the whole disk,
and install the _standard_ MBR. (Not the boot selector).
Then install Boot-Easy (get it out or the 2.0R distribution tools
directory) on the IDE disk.

The BIOS will boot the IDE disk, and you will be able to select DOS,
or the 'second' disk, with FreeBSD on it.

(I have done this, it works, trust me 8)

> Daniel Leeds					American Information Systems

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[