Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 18:28:30 +0300
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [usb] Kingston 8Gb is not usable

On 06/27/12 18:17, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 June 2012 17:08:29 Alexander Motin wrote:
>> umass problem
>
> Hi,
>
> Are you verifying the received data length for the SCSI commands reading out
> various data?

Mentioned revision beyond others adds check for the sense data length in
case of error. It won't even look into the sense data if reported amount
(sense_len - sense_resid) is zero or less then needed. I have no idea
how USB calculates resid, but it may be a problem in this case. I think
it could be useful to get USB packets trace to see whether it is device
doesn't return any sense data, or umass improperly interprets them in
this case for some reason.

--
Alexander Motin