Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 1996 22:53:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes)
Cc:        phk@critter.tfs.com, brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new malloc/libc...

It seems that Eric L. Hernes said:
> >> There was a spattering of discussion about the new malloc existing in
> >> -current, I seem to have lost track of it in the noise; did anybody
> >> followup on the suggestion of putting a compiled libc on the ftp site?

phkmalloc is  only in 2.2-CURRENT. Neither  2.0.5 nor 2.1.0 have  it. Xside
must be based  on stable releases of  FreeBSD so it  is expected they found
BSD malloc to be inefficient.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #6: Mon Mar 11 20:18:10 MET 1996