From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@activex-dev.com>
To:        SuSE <suse-linux-e@suse.com>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NFS problems, it locks up, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a fresh install of SuSE 6.3 and FreeBSD 4.0.  The SuSE machine is
the NFS server and FreeBSD the client.  I am able to mount a directory
on the FreeBSD box and list directories on the mount.  As soon as I try
to copy over a file, the NFS connections locks on me.  What do I have
setup incorrectly?

More info:  With previous installs of SuSE 6.2 I tried setting one Linux
up as an NFS server and another as client.  I ran into the EXACT same
problem.  I have a feeling that I do NOT have something configured
correctly on the SuSE end of things.  This is the status of my SuSE
rc.config file:

START_PORTMAP="yes"
NFS_SERVER="yes"
USE_KERNEL_NFSD="yes"
USE_KERNEL_NFSD_NUMBER="4"
NFS_SERVER_UGID="no"
REEXPORT_NFS="no"

Do I need to compile the Linux kernel in some special way?  I am using
the default SMP kernel.

Is there some daemon I need to have running?  In the O'Reilly book it
talks about biod on the client and the rpc.lockd and rpc.statd daemon's
on the server.  What daemons do I need running on the SuSE NFS server
and FreeBSD client?  (As soon as I have this working with the FreeBSD
client, there will be a SuSE client, too).

Any points folks have is very much appreciated!!!!!

Sam