Date:      Fri, 04 May 2012 08:59:33 +0200
From:      Peter Maloney <peter.maloney@brockmann-consult.de>
To:        suken woo <sukenwoo@gmail.com>
Cc:        "fs@freebsd.org" <fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: urgent system suddenly boot failed due to ZFS:i/o error on FreeBSD 8.2

Boot off of the FreeBSD DVD and do the following:

select FixIt (option 4 I think)
select CD/DVD (brings you to a shell) (option 2 I think)

type:
     # kldload /mnt2/boot/kernel/opensolaris.ko
     # kldload /mnt2/boot/kernel/zfs.ko

warning: this will make any gpt/ labels in your zpool status turn into
ugliness that looks like this: gptid/44b52f4d-5d75-11e1-b476-080027e5bb66)
     # import -f -o altroot=/z -o cachefile=/tmp/zpool.cache zroot

If you don't use altroot above, the pool will be mounted on top of what
is mounted from the cd, and everything will stop working.

in another thread, using -d was suggested to prevent the gptid problem,
but I have not tested it:
     # import -f -d /dev/gpt -o altroot=/z -o cachefile=/tmp/zpool.cache
zroot

Copy the cache file (this fixes many boots that say "ZFS: i/o error -
all block copies unavailable", but I have not seen the "ZFS:unexcepted
object set type 0" error except with my hot spare, so might not work)
     # cp /tmp/zpool.cache /z/boot/zfs/zpool.cache

Then type:
     # zpool status

and take a camera shot, or send it on the network, etc. to paste it into
an email, so we can see it.

eg. you could try sending it to another server:

     # zpool status > /tmp/status.txt
     # scp /tmp/status.txt user@server:~/

Then install the bootloader again... if you don't remember how, this
guess might be wrong, but here is what I do on my system:
     figure out what index the boot slice is:
         # gpart show da0
     then in the following, replace the 1 with the index of your boot slice:
         # gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 da0
         # gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 da1
     (... for each boot disk)

Then reboot WITHOUT exporting the pool, and see if it is fixed. If not,
send your email with the status.txt.