Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2022 14:58:59 +0530
From:      Mayuresh <mayuresh@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 13 on RPI4 : stuck at splash screen

Hello,

I am new to FreeBSD for any architecture.

Was trying out FreeBSD 13 downloaded from here[1] on RPI4 8G device.
However the device did not go past the splash screen.

As some web pages suggest (probably those were for RPI40), tried inserting
the sd card into a USB adapter and tried booting from USB. But the device
then shows "insert SD card" message.

I had dd'ed it on an sdcard. This operation looks ok as I am able to mount
and examine the sdcard's boot partition on Linux.

The device normally runs Raspberry OS and is working fine.

Please suggest if there is something I could try.

[1]
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/arm64/aarch64/ISO-IMAGES/13.0/FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-arm64-aarch64-RPI.img.xz

--
Mayuresh