Date:      Fri, 3 May 1996 11:25:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Pat Barron <pat@transarc.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Documentation for "config"

This may sound like a silly question, but does anyone have any
documentation for how config(8) works?  That is, given a configuration
file, what does config actually do with it, and how?  Like, what's the
difference (in the stuff generated by config) between

     controller foo0 ....

and

     device foo0 ....

and

     psuedo-device foo

or between

     disk dk0 ...

and

     tape dk0 ...

I know that just about everyone who's ever done kernel hacking has just
plodded through the source code for config to figure this out, and I have
no problem with that, but if there's a doc I'd like to see it ... ;-)

--Pat.