Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:42:31 +0300
From:      Juriy Goloveshkin <j@avias.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: pccard

Hi, Nate

>>    does the PC Card support work in 3.0-STABLE(CURRENT)?
NW> It should.
good. have you seen this working since 19/01/99. I have not. :(

>>    1) the kernel doesn't respond on card insertion/removal.
>>    it seems to me that the reason of such behavior is in the string 789 of file
>>    pccard/pcic.c
>>
>>    it has changed from
>>       if (validslots)
>>       if (validslots && pcic_irq <=0)
>>
>>    are there any problems with irq handling?
NW> Obviously it doesn't work on your setup.  See the recent discussion in
NW> freebsd-mobile why using an IRQ is a 'good thing', as well as why some
NW> folks won't to have that ability remove.
ok. what should I do to run it via IRQ on my Libretto50? :)

>>    pccard_configure() displays only the last device added via
>>    pccard_add_driver(). in my case I have sio, ed and fdc devices, but
>>    only fdc is displayed. but even these devices doesn't work on
>>    insertion. it seems that it worked in 3.0-RELEASE (excluding the
>>    problem with irq described above).

>> Jan 25 23:30:51 home /kkk: Initializing PC-card drivers: ed ep fe sio
NW> This line describes all of the drivers that are configured.
I know. and in 3.0-RELEASE it works. In 3.0-STABLE kernel shows only
LAST driver. Alhtough it isn`t important because *drivers includes all
drivers.
NW> Note that fdc is not supported.
options FDC_YE

>> Ehternet card(if it was inserted before boot) works normally.

NW> That's because it doesn't recognize that the card was inserted, which is
NW> your original question.
If card has inserted before boot - it recognized, but... "driver allocation
failed..."
NW>   Change the line you describe above and it
NW> should work fine.
It _works_ with change in 3.0-RELEASE but It doesn't work in
3.0-STABLE(after 19/01/99) - driver allocation fails for all of my cards. at least in my case :)

any ideas?

Bye, Juriy