Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 02:27:11 +0200
From:      Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
To:        freebsd-smp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Current runs fine on 4 CPU's as well

Just sup'ed current, made the world and a new SMP kernel (suped 1 hour ago).

Have done a couple of kernel makes and some other minor work. Everything
seems to work fine with on our 4 CPU HP Netserver 5/133 LS4

About time to remove
    /** FIXME: remove this when NCPU > 2 is tested */
    if ( mp_naps > 1 ) {
        printf( "\nWarning: current SMP kernel only tested with 2 CPUs.\n" );
        printf( "Please report the results to:  <smp@freebsd.org>\n" );
        printf( "  <return> to continue...\n" );
        cngetc();
    }

from mp_machdep.c?

It's been running on 4 CPU's now since december, and I've only had two
crashes since then. It's not heavily loaded, but when it once in a while
is loaded, it quite loaded chewing data that needs 50-100MB of memory
and sometimes causing heavy paging as well (got 128MB on it).

It's been amazingly stable so far.

Terje Marthinussen
terjem@cc.uit.no