Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 08:39:48 -0600
From:      "Hyunseog Ryu" <HRyu@norlight.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: toor account

Yes, and if you prefer, you can use toor account as backup account of root
just in case of forgetting root password. ;>

Hyun

Hyunseog Ryu / CCDA, MCSE
Network Engineer/Applications Engineering
Norlight Telecommunications, Inc.
The Guardians of Data
275 North Corporate Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045-5818
Tel. +1.262.792.7965
Fax. +1.262.792.7733

                    Dag-Erling
                    Smorgrav             To:     Matt Chew Spence <matt@nren.nasa.gov>
                    <des@ofug.org        cc:     <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>, (bcc: Hyunseog
                    >                    Ryu/Brookfield/Norlight)
                    Sent by:             Fax to:
                    des@ofug.org         Subject:     Re: toor account

                    12/08/2000
                    04:35 AM

Matt Chew Spence <matt@nren.nasa.gov> writes:
> would the toor account have any useful purpose, or can I just blow it
> away?

You can. I understand the only reason there's a toor account in the
first place is so C-shell and Bourne-shell lovers can both have their
favorite shell as root shell.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org