Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 1997 09:28:15 -0500
From:      Elizabeth Puckett <pucketet@jmu.edu>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        edwarddc@owl.jmu.edu, currycw@owl.jmu.edu
Subject:   non-technical

Hello FreeBSD folks,

In reviewing the WebCT page, I found that FreeBSD is listed as an
operating system the courseware will run on.  I have read through much
of your information and understand that your UNIX system runs on a PC.
I would like to know (before I read further or attempt the download) if
our office would need a "technical support person" to operate this
system.

I have attempted to have the courseware package WebCT loaded to our
university UNIX system but have been unable to get the agreement of the
systems administrators because of their security concerns about WebCT
and because I do not have a technical background.  I am charged with
creating on-line courses and have been greatly stymied by the inability
to get WebCT downloaded.

Please let me know how technical I need to be to use your operating
system to run WebCT.  I am certainly willing to learn what I need to
know, but do not have a technical training background.

Thank you,
Elizabeth Puckett, Coordinator
Distance Learning Center
Office of Continuing Education