Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 2020 20:37:54 -0800
From:      Walter Parker <walterp@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Server hang on SMB requests

Hi,

I just updated my home file server to FreeBSD 11.4 two weeks ago. It is an
AMD FX-6300 system.
It has been running great for the last several years, but recently I
noticed that in the mornings when I try to load data from the Samba Server,
the Windows boxes complain that the server can't be found. So I go to the
FreeBSD box and press any key on the keyboard. Then I can load files using
Samba without issues from the Windows boxes.

Is there some new sleep mode in 11.4 that causes things to go to sleep?

Walter

--
The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis