Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:42:34 -0700
From:      Brian Gottlieb <brianosaurus@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   netgear MA401RA weirdness

i recently installed freebsd 4.6 and wanted to play around with hostap
mode.  I had a lucent gold card which worked great as a client, but
wasn't Prism, so i went out and bought a netgear 401.

I plugged it in, and viola, nothing.  I investigated, and it claims to
be a "MA401RA" not just MA401, so a quick edit of pccard.conf fixed that.

Now when i plug in the card, it recognizes it as a Prism2.5:

    wi0: at port 0x240-0x27f irq 3 flags 0x10000 slot 1 on pccard1
    wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3873
    wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary 1.00.07, Station 1.03.06

But it doesn't seem to recognize my network.  The status light keeps
blinking, and ifconfig reports "no carrier".  To make it weirder, if i
run "dstumbler wi0 -o", the light goes solid, and dstumbler sees my
access point.  So I'm stumped.  The OS seems to be able to handle the
card, but for some reason it won't find my network.

My network is wide open, no WEP, no restrictions.  I tried the card in a
windows laptop, and everything works.

Any ideas?  Any other info i can provide?

brian