Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:33:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "bowhill.vservers.com" <bowhill@bowhill.vservers.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   configure and linux rpm libs

I am trying to compile the gno-rpm package for linux, and
am getting the following error during configure..

-------
checking for rpmRunTransactions in -lrpm... no
checking for rpmdbFindByTriggeredBy in -lrpm... no
checking for rpmdbOpen in -lrpm... no
configure: error: can't find librpm (usually in rpm-devel package)
--------

I have the following rpm libs installed, and librpm.a seems
to be the one that I need. However, telling configure to look
in any of these dirs (with --libdir=) does not seem
to make any difference.

/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/librpm.so.0
/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/librpm.so.0.0.0
/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/librpmbuild.so.0
/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/librpmbuild.so.0.0.0
/usr/local/lib/librpm.a
/usr/ports/misc/rpm/work/rpm-2.5.6/build/librpmbuild.a
/usr/ports/misc/rpm/work/rpm-2.5.6/lib/librpm.a

I am doing this from within Bash, to give preference
to linux binaries in the path, as recommended
by Marcel Moolenaar in one of his posts awhile back.

I also have the linux devel package installed.

Any suggestions or recommendations as to how to
make this work?

--Allan