Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 1995 14:09:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sig 11 (fwd)

I also saw many sig 11's with the sup from around 9/4.  For once, I did
a make world before posting a question to the list! :-)  A make world cleared
the problem up, whereas an include install, a new kernel, and a new lkm
set didn't clear it up (for me anyhow).  My boot would die everytime in
sed during the motd edit, and login would always sig 11.  Very reproducable.

I've not seen a sig11 since the make world.

Another thing I noticed was during a "stand-alone" make world.  It would
periodically die with an "out of vm/swap" kind of error.  I could restart
it and it would eventually die a little later.  I hadn't done a swapon,
and having done one the make world proceeded to conclusion.

I was wondering if there might be some sort of vm page leak now?  The make
world in stand-alone without a swapon reveals it.  I have a 32mb p60 that
is running -current.

FYI

Regards,

Mark Hittinger