Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:19:40 -0500
From:      Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>, FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        radhika_narendran@yahoo.com, <burningclown@westhost43.westhost.net>, <pruiter@indigored.com>, <gsam@trini0.org>, <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>, <luke@setel.com>, <bagulla@mindspring.com>
Subject:   Re: New York City - Users group

At 12:58 2002/03/30 -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>This question comes up every now and then and usually doesn't end up in
>much.
>
>Last two times I asked there were only about 2 people. :-)
>
>This time seems more promissing.
>Just to get us started.
>I registered: nycfreebsd.org and nycfreebsd.com

Ok, we really have to get this together--about 7 of us were corresponding
(guess you got left out of the cc's)
I also created a freelists group, though so far only 2 out of the 7 (or
maybe 3?) have joined.

(I'm just not crazy about Yahoo--their latest was to apparently give your
information, including phone number if they had it, to advertisors---if you
have a yahoo id, go to groups, account info, and after being asked for the
password, go to marketing preferences and you may be annoyed.

(or
If logged in, log out. Go to groups.yahoo.com, scroll to the
bottom & click on Privacy Policy. On the left, click Marketing
Preferences, log in)

So, let's try to get this going in one, rather than several
directions--lazy sod that I am, I'm perfectly willing to let you do the
work.  :)  The only issue (that I see) is do we want to be on yahoo, or
would we prefer freelists--if the latter, then you can take over ownership
of the list there )  (says Scott, generously)  :)

Scott