Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2006 21:11:49 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brent Hostetler <brenthostetler@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems setting up gmirror of live system

--adJ1OR3c6QgCpb/j

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 03:30:08PM -0800, Brent Hostetler wrote:
+> Disks to use:
+>   (2) 200 gig SATA ( same drives )
+>   (2) 160 gig PATA ( different drives )
+>   (2) 120 gig PATA ( same drives )
+>   (2) 120 gig PATA ( same drives )
+>=20
+> Idea would be to mirror the pairs and then concat or stripe the
+> mirrors into a large
+>=20
+> partition to mount to /usr/home. I believe I can stack the Geom
+> classes correct so
+>=20
+> this should be possible?

Yes, sure.

+>  I believe something went wrong in step 2.2. The output of 2.7 and 2.8
+> should be the
+>=20
+> same, correct? I'm not sure where I messed up.. Any help appreciated.
+> Also if I am
+>=20
+> going about this the wrong way suggestions appreciated.

Step 2.2 is ok, the warning is harmless.
Everything looks perfectly fine.

The output of 2.7 and 2.8 is different, because those disks aren't
really equal in size. This has nothing to do with gmirror.
Try:

	# diskinfo -v /dev/ad[46]

and compare number of sectors of each disk.

Good luck.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--adJ1OR3c6QgCpb/j