Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:09:23 -0800
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Yamamoto Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: new ath+hal

Yamamoto Shigeru wrote:
> Hi, all

> Sam> I committed a new ath hal and driver mods last week.  The most
> Sam> noticeable change is support for "recent" parts.  With this version all
> Sam> currently shipping pci/cardbus products should be supported except for
> Sam> those based on the pre-11n MIMO part.  There are also new builds for
> Sam> sparc64, powerpc, and alpha (alpha is untested, the others are known to
> Sam> work).
>
> I have a trouble after this commit.
>
> In my home and my office, "broadcast SSID in beacon" is disabled.
> Before this commit, I have no trouble.
> But, after that, my note PC can't associate any AP in my home and my office.
>
> When I change "broadcast SSID in beacon" enable at my home, my note PC can
> associate to AP at my home.
>
> I watch wpa_supplicant debug message.
> wpa_supplicant can't select AP, because wpa_supplicant can't get AP's SSID
> when "broadcast SSID in beacon" is disabled.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this trouble?
> #Should I hack wpa_supplicant? or ath hal and driver?

There have been many changes to ath and the net80211 layer.  Please try
to isolate what change affected you.  Past that you must provide the
mac+phy revs for your card.  Otherwise you have not indicated anything
about your configuration (open auth, wep, wpa, etc).  You haven't
provided any logs.  Have you tried to authenticate w/o wpa_supplicant?

	Sam