Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 1997 10:41:12 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich), scrappy@hub.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd.org vs vex.net

>From The Desk Of "Jonathan M. Bresler" :
> Charles Henrich wrote:

> > Maybe it should be keymaster@freebsd.org :)
>
> 	keymaster alias is the easy part :)
> 	we cant compete with Linux or Debian (well maybe)
> 	on number of hosts or aggregate keys/sec.
> 	SO, we need web pages that indicate  keys/sec/*host*
> 	for each team.  that is a competition that we can win ;)
>
> jmb

A simple way of getting more hosts is to stay with vex.net .

Now, if we could also figure out a way to use our boxes more creatively to tie
them to freebsd.org that would be something. Better Web distribution,
better ftp mirror technology. For instance, there are efforts to
create reliable ip multicast so in theory one would just send a single
transmission out to update the sites. If done right re-trasmissions of
bad packets could be handle by co-operating sites.

	Amancio