Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 1995 12:06:33 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        evan@probita.com (Evan Polster)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootmgr gives me only DOS option.

Evan Polster stands accused of saying:
> 	My bootmgr only gives me one choice for OS's: DOS.
>
> 	I think the screen looks like:
>
> 		F1 dos
>
> 		    F?
>
>   My current configuration:
>
>          IDE Disk 1:   primary DOS (bootable).
> 	 SCSI Disk 2:  extended DOS partition.
> 	 SCSI Disk 3:  freeBSD partition (bootable).

My guess is that your BIOS only supports two harddisks, so you're not
going to be able to boot off the third disk.  Swap disks 2 & 3 and see if DOS
still sees the DOS SCSI disk.

>   Question: Is there a simple way for me to tell the bootmgr
> 	    about this second bootable drive?

The bootmanager asks the BIOS, AFAIK.

>  Evan Polster

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[