Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 19:19:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      roddie <roddie@theSafety.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help Newbie, Can only mount file system as Read Only

Hey All,

I have a dual boot system with Debian Linux 2.1 and FreeBSD 3.1. While
using Linux I changed a unused partition to two partition one linux one
freebsd. Now when I boot freebsd it incorrectly reads the partition and
error out and tells me to enter the path of my shell or press enter for
/bin/sh.

If I press enter it doesn't find sh. I found sh in /stand and type
/stand/sh at the prompt but no luck finding it. I them mounted my /usr
patition in freebsd and logged in to sh, but still it was read only. How
do I log in to change my /etc/fstab? I even mounted the Freebsd partition
in linux, but it still was read only even though I told it to mount as rw!

Help please....

Rod...