Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:34:21 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disruption of CVSup's smp and lite2 trees

During cvsupd's transition to the new freefall this morning, I
accidentally allowed a short window during which the smp and lite2
trees were empty.  If your site did an update at that time, all the
files in those trees got deleted. :-(  The window was fairly brief,
but I did see a couple of mirrors connect during it.  It's fixed now,
and your files will be recreated on the next update (which has
probably already happened by now).

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I thought the trees were properly
populated when I started up the server, and didn't realize until too
late that a couple of them were empty.

Gotta get that "damage limit" feature implemented ...

John