Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:47:27 +0100
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSec session stalls

hmm, I hate replying to myself....

I've just checked another thing:

When disabling pf on both IPSec endpoints (even large) file transfer
works fine.

I'm using pf and altq with cbq.

Removing the pf 'scrub' rules didn't solve it. In the firewall I'll let
gif traffic pass with rules like:

pass quick on $if_ext proto { ah, esp } from <ipsec_vpn> to any keep
state queue q_h1
pass quick on $if_ext proto { ah, esp } from any to <ipsec_vpn> keep
state queue q_h1
pass quick on $if_ext proto ipencap from <ipsec_vpn> to any keep state
pass quick on $if_ext proto ipencap from any to <ipsec_vpn> keep state

I guess as all works fine while pf is disabled this is an pf issue, right?

Thanks,

Volker