Date:      Fri, 03 Jan 1997 15:29:54 -0800
From:      David Lewis <dwlewis@intervista.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange fsck error - suggestions??

Hi, all.

On fsck, I'm getting the following error from my buslogic card:

sd0(bt0;0;0) MEDIUM ERROR info:184660, asc:11,0: unrecovered read error

This is a pretty recent error, and console periodically reports the above
spontaneously, but there are absolutely no error messages on boot.  I have
a sinking feeling that the disk is ready to take a great big dump on my head,
but I thought I'd get suggestions first.

FYI, this system is running 2.1.0, and I'm intending on upgrading to 2.1.6
this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

-David Lewis
System Administrator