Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:26:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Matt Lancereau <matt@bsdfly.org>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        des@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xfce4 port update to 4.1.90 (4.2-BETA1)

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I spent some time to update all(? i hope ;) xfce4 related ports to bring
> them up to the latest 4.1.90 release.
>
> A patch for all modified ports (76 files, 38 ports) can be found at:
>
> http://pofo.de/tmp/patch-xfce4
>
> - There are 2 new ports:
>   misc/xfce4-appfinder
>   misc/xfce4-icon-theme
>
> - 2 ports are scheduled for removal:
>   x11-fm/xfce4-fm-icons
>   misc/xfce4-panel-themes
>
> - some ports have new OPTIONS (still undocumented):
>   x11/libxfce4util		WITH_GTKDOC
>   x11/libxfce4mcs		WITH_GTKDOC
>   x11-toolkits/libxfce4gui	WITH_GTKDOC
>   x11-fm/xfce4-fm		WITH_LIBRSVG
>
> - The following patches are new. I reported them to the xfce4 authors and
>  I hope they will patch the affected source on their side:
>   x11/libxfce4util/files/patch-docs::Makefile.in
>   x11/libxfce4mcs/files/patch-docs::Makefile.in
>   x11-toolkits/libxfce4gui/files/patch-docs::Makefile.in
>   x11-fm/xfce4-fm/files/patch-fgr::glob.c
>   x11-fm/xfce4-fm/files/patch-libs::types.h
>
> - I removed the following patches:
>   x11-wm/xfce4-session/files/patch-shutdown.c
>
> - The metaport "x11-wm/xfce" got the following new dependencies:
>   misc/xfce4-appfinder
>   x11-wm/xfce4-session
>   x11/xfce4-trigger-launcher
>   misc/xfce4-icon-theme
>
> Maintainer from affected ports should try their ports if they are still
> working with that xfce release.
>
> Would be nice to get feedback.

ok some other feedback,
- xfce4-mixer: when we are on the volume control panel, click View then
Manage, anything done will crash this volume control panel.
- xfce-settings-manager: if screensaver isn't launched and if we click on
Screensaver, it will crash with the same fatal error I had with xfdesktop:
Fatal error 'Unable to read from thread kernel pipe' at line 1100 in file
/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c (errno = 0), gtk theme will
disappear etc, but launching xfce-settings-manager will fix this prob
again.

on my side, xfcalendar (same with xfce4-datetime) have a prob with the
Week day starts, if we select Monday, the day will stay on sunday, this is
a known bug and will be fixed on the next beta release. All the rest of
the plugin I maintain, also those who have been updated to use the the
4.1.xx lib, seems to work.

Matt,