Date:      09 Aug 97 23:22:42 +0100
From:      Doug.White@234-49-99.swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Doug White)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plug-N-Play Compatiblitiy

From: Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, CyberKid wrote:

>     Hi.  I am wanting to install FreeBSD onto my system.  My main
> struggle is that I need to know if it supports Plug-N-Play Hardware.  My
> SupraExpress 33.6 modem is Plug-N-Play and I use it to connect to the
> net.  I would be using it in FreeBSD.  Is there anything I can do to get
> FreeBSD to since my Plug-N-Play modem?  Please say yes.  Thanks!

Not in the base distribution, but a PnP driver is available from Sujal
Patel.  I don't have the address, but if you ask multimedia@freebsd.org
they can probably help you.  They've been working on PnP issues and have
been using Sujal's code as a base.

You should be able to hard-wire the device IRQ and port address.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo