Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:32:03 +0300
From:      Iulian M <eti@erata.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flash7/firefox plugin no longer registers

--nextPart7540169.HSGUEHEusA

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 02:43, Duane Whitty wrote:
<snip>
> >    I use native seamonkey-1.0.5 + linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_6 +
> > linux-flashplugin-7.0r68, and this "toolchain" worked for simple
> > flash content under RELENG_6 as of 2006.10.09, and continues to
> > work under fresh RELENG_6 (2006.10.16). However, the following looks
> > non-standard (it doesn't match corresponding section from

<snip>

The plugin works fine now, but i still have one more question regarding fla=
sh=20
player. Does the linux-flashplugin7 port really require linux-base ? I don'=
t=20
relay like the idea of installing linux-base and the linux kernel module, a=
nd=20
I've installed linuxpluginwrapper , I've tryed to manually extract the=20
libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt , place them=20
in /usr/local/lib/firefox/plugins , make the required settings=20
to /etc/libmap.conf ... and what do i see ... it's working. So is it really=
=20
necessary the dependency on linux-base ?=20

Commenting out USE_LINUX=3Dyes in the port's Makefile does the job, and the=
=20
plugin keeps working fine. If it's required could it be a OPTION ? ( i don'=
t=20
like the idea of installing files that are not managed by a port either )

Iulian M.
http://www.erata.net

=2D-=20
Cruickshank's Law of Committees:
	If a committee is allowed to discuss a bad idea long enough, it
	will inevitably decide to implement the idea simply because so
	much work has already been done on it.