Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 2021 23:02:25 +0100
From:      Xavier Humbert <xavier@groumpf.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Warning: Major OS version upgrade detected

Hi,

I was running 13-CURRENT, and as of 01/22 I switched to 13-STABLE

Now, when I run any ports/pkg command - I use only ports-, I got

> pkg-static: Warning: Major OS version upgrade detected.  Running "pkg
> bootstrap -f" recommended
No a big deal, I thought, but :

> [root@numenor ~]# pkg bootstrap -f
> The package management tool is not yet installed on your system.
> Do you want to fetch and install it now? [y/N]: y
> Bootstrapping pkg from
> pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest, please wait...
> Verifying signature with trusted certificate
> pkg.freebsd.org.2013102301... done
> pkg-static: Warning: Major OS version upgrade detected.  Running "pkg
> bootstrap -f" recommended
> Installing pkg-1.16.2...
> pkg-static: wrong architecture: FreeBSD:13:amd64 instead of
> *FreeBSD:14:amd64*
> package pkg is already installed, forced install
> Extracting pkg-1.16.2: 100%
> [root@numenor ~]# pkg check -Bd
> pkg: Warning: Major OS version upgrade detected.  Running "pkg
> bootstrap -f" recommended

The message is still there. I never had 14-CURRENT on this system.

Reinstalled ports-mgmt/pkg from source, didn't help

Any help ?

Thanks,

Xavier

--
Xavier HUMBERT - Unix/Win/MacOSX Sysadmin/Network Senior Engineer