Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:45:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        witr@rwwa.com (Robert Withrow)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for next release

> If the next CDROM release of -stable is intended to be a 4 CD monster,
> would it be possible for the insert to give detailed instructions
> and information to dummies like me about what exactly each of the
> CD's are used for?

Well, the first one you install from, the second one is the live
filesystem (very useful with the boot floppy to run FreeBSD on a system
you don't have permission to install on, or as the worlds most complete
"fixit" disk), the third has the complete CVS repository (which allows
you to extract =any= version that has existed, and to see the comment
history if you're curious what was changed and why) and the fourth has
contributed software (presumably gettoized to avoid confusion over who
is supporting it).

But I agree, that second pair of CDs seemed a bit like a
marketing-driven "mine is bigger than your's".

Any suggestions for what ought to be on two and half gigabytes of media?

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)                 Brother, can you paradigm?
602-953-1392  chad@dcfinc.com  chad@anasazi.com  larson1@home.com