Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:28:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@weenix.guru.org>
To:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Small Problem with Linux Emul

> Are you using IP aliases?

No, but the machine is multihomed (two de0 devices).  The 2.2.5 machine that
works is running IP aliases though.

> Is the other end using IP aliases, and not being careful to send on the
> interface it received on?

I don't think so.  I know that it doesn't work from a Win95/NT4 machine
that has only one IP address, but the addresses I listed earlier are the
master quake servers (the ones that keep the lists of servers).  I imagine
that they are running Linux, but I don't really know.

> Other than you seriously digging, I have no answer; I can't repeat it.

Hmm, would it make a difference if I only ifconfiged one of the interfaces, yet
left them both in the computer (they're on the same card).  Are you trying to
replicate it with a quakeworld server or some generic Linux net application?
I will do a little more digging/experimentation to see if I can find out any
more info.

--
Keith Mitchell					Head Administrator: acm.vt.edu
Email: kmitch@weenix.guru.org			PGP key available upon request