Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 02:34:21 -0400
From:      Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3 crashing with USB hub attached...

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 07:54:26PM -0400, Shannon wrote:

> For the second boot I unplugged the USB hub. This time everything was
> fine... I'm sending this mail from the FreeBSD machine's console.

Replying to my own post:

The problem is the Logitech joystick, not the hub itself. Every time I
boot with the joystick plugged in, FreeBSD 4.3 pukes.

I've testing most other things with 4.3 on my hardware, and nothing else
seems amiss. It's just like 4.2 except that no version prior to 4.3
would crash because of (or triggered by rather) a USB device.

The joystick is a force-feedback model (Logi Formula Force), but is
otherwise just your average every day USB joystick.

--
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything" -- Mark
Twain