Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 08:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dabbabi mounir <dabbabi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with vat installation under FreeBSD 2.2.2

Hi, I want to test the vat audio conferencing tool, I had downloaded
the vat-4.0b2.tar.gz version, I also had downloaded gsm-1.0-pl10,
tcl7.5, tk4.1 and XFree86 3.3.1 under FreeBSD 2.2.2 Release. When
running the configure script shell to install vat-4.0b2, it shows that :

can't find AudioFile - vat AF support won't be compiled

Note that my PC is a Pentium 200 MMX and have the following components :

pca0 on motherboard
pca0: PC speaker audio driver
sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.1>
opl0 at 0x38a on isa
opl0: <Yamaha OPL-3 FM>
mpu0 at 0x330 irq 6 drq 0 on isa
mpu0 not probed due to irq conflict with fdc0 at 6
uart0 at 0x330 irq 5 on isa
uart0: <6850 Midi Interface>

So that, I had tried to get vat.tar from pub/FreeBSD/ports/mbone to
make the correct port for vat. But when running make, it shows the
following:

$ make
>> Checksum OK for vatsrc-4.0b2.tar.gz.
===>  Extracting for vat-4.0b2
===>  vat-4.0b2 depends on file:
/usr/ports/audio/gsm/work/gsm-1.0-pl10/lib/libgsm.a - found
===>  vat-4.0b2 depends on shared library: tk80 - not found
===>  Verifying install for tk80 in /usr/ports/x11/tk8.0
make: don't know how to make install. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

So what must I do to success my configuration and then can use the vat
audio conferencing tool on my PC?

Please give me all the steps to resolve my problem.

--Dabbabi.