Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 03:00:42 +1200
From:      andrew@squiz.co.nz (Andrew McNaughton)
To:        muditha@seychelles.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet Licence

>Hi,
>
>I know this is nothing to do with Freebsd...even though I run a ISP on
>Freebsd.....Internet is New to Seychelles and the Government has not
>much experience in offering licence for Internet. I am interested in
>seeing some licences offered in other Countries ..ie. the terms and
>conditions not interested in rates etc but just the sort of terms and
>conditions...If any of you guys are kind enough please help me out. You
>can omitt any sections you don't want me to see.
>
>Thank you!!!

I think China licences internet users.  Probably Burma also.  In countries
where the internet is not considered a political threat, all that is needed
is a service contract with another ISP to provide you with a connection.

In New Zealand there is a Voluntary Code of Practice which has been set up
amongst ISP's.  You may find it useful.

http://www.isocnz.org.nz/code.htm

You cna find information on the terms under which ISP's (including backbone
providers) offer services by looking around the home pages of those
organizations.

Andrew McNaughton

DISCLAIMER: The Entire Physical Universe, Including      Andrew McNaughton
This Message, May One Day Collapse Back into an            ++64 4 389 6891
Infinitesimally Small Space. Should Another Universe    andrew@squiz.co.nz
Subsequently Re-emerge, the Validity of Statements  http://www.squiz.co.nz
in This Message Cannot Be Guaranteed.            http://www.newsroom.co.nz