Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2013 07:41:56 -0500
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn - but smaller?

To get started regarding svn with only the base system, as in a fresh install, what about the suggestion to download the ports tarball from the FreeBSD server?

That can be done using ftp, I believe, or am I wrong?

Then svn and its dependencies can be built.

Not sure about the compatibility of this extracted tarball regarding subsequent
portsnap fetch update
or
svn up /usr/src (in this case there is no .svn data directory, so it would be necessary to do a fresh svn checkout).

Tom