Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 16:17:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "<*> WireHead <*>" <wirehead@arbornet.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   I'm just a neophyte

Hello all!

O.K all you Unix guru's read on!
A couple months ago I picked up FreeBSD 2.0.5R. I was quite interested in
setting up a Ubix box on my home computer. I got a book on Unix and
administration and set for on my task of setting up a system.
Well now it is a couple of months later and I am back at school and a
little more confused (re: freebsd). What must I do to set up the system.
I primarily want to connect to my school (which services a PPP conn.)
and run clients ftp,telnet, web browsers etc through that connection.
I need to know how to do this stuff. I can figure out for the most part
how to do the little things but I don't know from which direction to start.
Nameservers, fstab, etc.!
If any of you would like to help me in this endeavor it will be greatly
appreciated. I can be reached @ this list or direct : wirehead@arbornet.org
If you could point me in the direction of some documentation, etc that would
be appreciated also. Thank you much for hearing my feable plee!

-=Timothy=-

+ Keep the internet free		                          WireHead +
|				   	     HTTP://arbornet.org/~wirehead |
| ~PGP key available upon request~   		     wirehead@arbornet.org |