Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:55:01 +0000 (UTC)
From:      rondzierwa@comcast.net
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS Checksum errors

Steve.

well, it got done, and it found another anonymous file with errors . any idea how to get rid of these?

thanks,
ron.

phoenix# zpool status -v zfsPool
pool: zfsPool
state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
corruption. Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the
entire pool from backup.
see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scrub: scrub completed after 8h29m with 6276 errors on Wed Jun 20 16:18:01 2012
config:

NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
zfsPool ONLINE 0 0 6.17K
da0 ONLINE 0 0 13.0K 1.34M repaired

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

zfsPool/raid:<0x9e241>
zfsPool/Build:<0x0>
phoenix#

> zpool status indicates that a file has errors, but doesn't tell me its name:
>
> phoenix# zpool status -v zfsPool
> pool: zfsPool
> state: ONLINE
> status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
> corruption. Applications may be affected.
> action: Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the
> entire pool from backup.
> see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
> scrub: scrub in progress for 5h27m, 18.71% done, 23h42m to go

Try waiting for the scrub to complete and see if its more helpful after that.

Regards
Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.